Authentic Ethiopian right in the heart of downtown Richmond!?! Can it be?
Alganesh Michael is from the small country of Eritrea, nestled in next to Ethiopia. She loves sharing the food and culture of her native country. Come enjoy her wonderful flavorful food and celebrate a night out with friends!
There will be 3 seatings: 5pm, 6:30pm and 8pm. Advance reservations are required.
UPDATE: There is 1 seat left for the 6:30pm seating and we have opened an 8pm seating as well! If you booked tickets for an earlier seating and would like to move to the later seating, please contact support on your ticket receipt.
- Yesiga Wet (Spicy Beef) - Beef braised in spicy berbere*, onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and clarified butter
- Yemesser Alicha (Curry Lentil) - Split orange lentils cooked with onion, garlic, tomatoes and curry seasonings (mild spice)
- Gomen - (Chopped Collard Greens) - Collard Greens slow cooked with red onion celery, fresh tomatoes, garlic, ginger and jalapeño ( mild spice)
- Inguday Wet ( Spicy Mushroom) - Mushroom cooked with onion, tomatoes, spicy berbere*, garlic, ginger & herbs
* Berbere - powder made from dried red hot pepper, garlic, ginger, shallot, and lots of Ethiopian seasonings.
The above sauces are served with Injera bread, a unique staple food to both countries. Dishes are presented family style with salad.
Please join us for this amazing evening!